Wednesday 9 June 2010

Dear Tagai Merga

From: Meles Zenawi, Prime Minister, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
To: Merga Bekana, Charmian, National Election Board of Ethiopia
Re: Troubling 2010 Election results
Dear Tagai Merga,
I wanted to wait until the final counts were all in before sending this memo and I must say I've been troubled since we passed that 91% mark. I know I said that we need to win by an overwhelming majority. I know I said the numbers need to make a statement. But what the hell Mergish, 100%? Do I need to point out this puts us at an untenable position? Think of our supporters, both paid and unpaid. Have you thought about how difficult it will be for them to profess we won fair and square with a straight face? Don't get me wrong, I admire the execution of our strategy, but the results just stripped us off of the illusion of fairness we have so successfully demonstrated in the past. All that work is now gone to waste. I called Bereket to relate this concern. He is beside himself with surprise and joy and sounded dumbfounded when I expressed irritation at his jubilation. He is minister of Information for MedhaniAlem's sake . . . of propaganda no less. Must I break this down for him? Douche bag! This is why he can't replace me when I retire at the end of my term; wink, wink.Read More

No comments:

Why cows may be hiding something but AI can spot it

  By Chris Baraniuk Technology of Business reporter Published 22 hours ago Share IMAGE SOURCE, GETTY IMAGES Image caption, Herd animals like...